Friday, July 22, 2011

Back to Job again...

So after so long I am on job and managed to have a follower to read this blog :). And although its a Friday evening and i don't feel like making an entry but i fulfill my commitments to my follower.

There are so few things in life which one can truly predict. And this makes me feel that planning for something is really not worth it. Although i am fairly organized person but greatest difficulty i face now is setting a goal. I really like getting to job and having a monthly credit in my account at end of every month but still something is missing.
First the job part. I like the work till now because till now there is no work as such. Being part of an MT program has a new meaning in DHL. There are a large number of operations and departments and one has to know the functioning of each of them to be really effective in the work. And till now it has been a comfortable job. It feels like extension of college and being paid for it is great.

But now the dilemma is I have a lot of free time and i dont know what to do with it. An MBA college keeps one on toes and once you get out there is a huge blank in the 24 hrs we get everyday. Some of the batchmates are really working like for 13-15 hours and they are being paid well for that. I dont know if i want that or if i should be satisfied with less work and relatively less pay. Again its all a matter of perception and boils down to how much is enough !! But I miss the college days and my friends. I want to be in college all my life. May be I should become a professor :)


The unique thing about DHL is that people stick here for long. And being from IT industry long has a new meaning here. It ranges from 10 years to 30 years. I dont know how can people stick to a company for so long. And one of the messages was really scary " If you want to leave DHL do so in 1 year otherwise you wont be able to".

Still no sense of where life is going ...................................

1 comment:

Mean said...

Quite the same sentiments here... Even I get surprised when people say they have been in Wipro for 5 years.. I wonder how :P